PUBLICATION ETHICS STATEMENT
The Journal of Icon Studies expects that its editors, authors and reviewers shall commit to and respect the following principles.
- The work submitted for publication in JIS is original;
- The work has not been previously published (unless it is a translation published in accordance with the journal’s mission to serve as a bridge between different national and academic milieus and is referenced as such);
- The authors will refrain from submitting the work for publication elsewhere while it is reviewed by JoIS and following a positive outcome of the review process;
- All sources in the manuscript are properly cited and referenced in accordance with JoIS style;
- The editor of JoIS will evaluate submitted manuscripts solely on their intellectual merits and the extent to which they foster JIS’s mission;
The editor of JIS will maintain strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the publication of the manuscript;
- Each reviewer will evaluate submitted manuscript solely on the basis of criteria outlined in the journal’s peer review form;
- Each reviewer will notify the editor of any potential conflicts of interest;
- Each reviewer will maintain strict confidentiality in matters pertaining to the review process;
- Each reviewer will notify the editors of any potential reason to reject the manuscript.